Monday, December 15, 2008

Bum bum bum bum....

And a violin is strummed in accompaniment. I wonder why the temperature on this wintry Vermont day is so warm. The ice can barely keep its composure. In fact, much of it has let go and gone sliding down the low end of streets into gutters and, from there, down the long path returning to the ocean, or a river at least.

The moments of wonder that accompany a typical morning are slightly restricted with the weight of academic responsibilities and the dawning of final exams. Even with a funneled thought process and recent memories of a weekend that has ended in a different world than it began, I am still free and creating with each breath. Time is passing and it is felt through a chilly breeze. I guess the cold is never really gone in the mountain valleys of New England in December.

So what to the madness of whatever the hell has happened until now. The book has begun and my desire is now equaled by my ambition. Perhaps if some of my creativity can slip in between I'll write the novel of a lifetime. If not, I'll change the world another way.

I know what I don't know, at least most of it, and that gives me the freedom to stop trying to figure it out and just live. Take my advice and dance because you want to, past the point of feeling strange vibrations, and all the way to a constant smile and the freedom of tapping feet. I believe that I am starting to notice the same writing about the same themes and my examples are not changing. I have told you to dance before. So strange. Is dancing really the key to it all? I don't dance as often as I speak of it. I just want everyone to bask in this heightened freedom that is given the company of infinite possibility.

My god I need some breakfast before these strange metaphorical rantings take control. Waffles could ground me but I am out of eggs.

Ha! So what to the critics and cynics. This is the world of kings who gain power from seeing and realizing. Why am I wasting my time telling you what you already know. Just live it and believe it. The world is yours, or mine if you don't act quick enough. Intense. Good thing there is enough for us all as long as we play nice.

No comments: